Launch a java program as a Windows EXE fileTag(s): Open Source
WinRun4j is a java launcher for Windows. It provides an alternative to javaw.exe and provides the following benefits:
- Use of INI file for specifying classpath, main class, vm args, program args.
- Custom executable name that appears in task manager.
- Built-in icon replacer for custom icon.
- Windows NT Service wrapper.
- Windows EventLog API
- and more ...
- Rename WinRun4J.exe to [YourApp].exe
- Create [YourApp].ini (in the same directory)
- Customize [YourApp].ini
- Create [YourApp].ico (in the same directory)
- Run [YourApp].exe --WinRun4J:SetIcon (this will inject your icon into the executable).
- Launch [YourApp].exe
JSmooth is a Java Executable Wrapper. It creates native Windows launchers (standard .exe) for your java applications.
When no VM is available, the wrapper can automatically download and install a suitable JVM, or simply display a message or redirect the user to a web site.
A Swing-based project editor allows you to easily configure the executable binary for your software. All the parameters are configured with a GUI, just click and compile the project.
Launch4j is a cross-platform tool for wrapping Java applications distributed as jars in lightweight Windows native executables. The executable can be configured to search for a certain JRE version or use a bundled one.
- Supports GUI and console apps.
- Supports Vista manifests and XP visual style manifests.
- JVM options: set system properties, tweak the garbage collection...
- Runtime JVM options from an .l4j.ini file.
- Custom version information shown by Windows Explorer.
- GUI, command line interface, Ant task and Maven plugin.